Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Soccer & Being a Mom



I read lots o' blogs. When my boys are napping, I read..I love it. What I don't love is the intolerance of people. Certain things aren't for everyone, but when someone doesn't like what you do? Who cares. To breastfeed, to not breastfeed, to use cloth or disposable, to spank or not. Geeeeeez, Louise, give me a break please ladies!

If I wanna breastfeed or not, it's my business NOT yours. If I want to use disposable diapers, again MY Business (If I had the patience and time I would love to use cloth, but alas I don't). There are pros and cons to many issues in regards to raising children. I don't spank, but I would never, EVER look down on a fellow parent who chose to discipline their children with spanking. There is a difference between spanking and beating a kid.

I also hate the "Jane" blogs. The women who have perfect children, children who don't ever give them issues. Did I miss good kid day? I have experienced all of the frustrations of being a mom, I love my kids dearly and wouldn't change a thing. I have my good days and my bad days. Lately it feels like I have more bad than good. If you read my blog, please don't confuse my frustrations of raising four children as not loving my children. I love being a mom, but I believe that being a mom affords me the luxury of being honest about my experiences.

I am a good mom, I am not perfect. I don't have perfect children. I have happy children. That's what matters to me.

Riah starts soccer today! So, wish her luck. We are off.

4 comments:

Krissi said...

Awesome to hear Riah is in Soccer!! You'll have to take pictures or videos of her on the field! :)

I love your kids, and I know first hand that you are a great mom. I know it's frustrating especially with the boys being so close in age, but you are surviving and doing a great job on all of them :P

Unknown said...

Good luck Rhia!!! I'm with the Princess, I want to see pictures.

Being a Mom is a hard job. Rewarding, yes... but still hard. I go to work and I love my job. But I bitch and moan about it all the time. I bitch and moan because I care about the job I do. Parenting is also my job. I love being a parent to a degree that my work-job can't even touch. So of course I am going to bitch and moan about it too. You are doing a fine, fine job. The kids seem to be happy, you don't blog about them being mini-convicts so you MUST be doing a good job. And trust me, I dont like them perfect moms either. LOL

Stella said...

Princess- Yeah, we got her chubby butt in Soccer! She loves it too! So, I hope she keeps up with it. We are gonna encourage it!

Tiff- Your girls always look so happy! So, you are doing it right too! We so need to get together this summer!!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are awesome. Don't ever let anyone tell you any different. I know the girls are at that obnoxious at times phase, and the boys are young and wild....but they are kids, the boys are boys....I accept that my kids are terrors at times too....especially Jakey. ( as I say that he is punching the dog...) Your kids are great and they have a great mom. We do what we have to just to survive!!

Me, Me, Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
Originally from Arizona..dying to get back! Oldest of three daughters... I am a Domestic Engineer aka Mommy. Things get crazy and chaotic especially with him gone all the time...and this is my refuge. I love being home with my brood. Don't mind my complaining, it's temporary...I wouldn't have it any other way! When the spawn I call my children leave my nest, I plan on retuning to the social work field, and non-profit work.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These Places Make Me HAPPY!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting ChelseaPaper.com
Elf Cosmetics
Shutterfly.com
Overstock.com, Inc.
Bag Borrow Or Steal, Inc.
Overstock.com Auctions

Map IP Address
Powered byIP2Location.com

Powered By Blogger
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket