Saturday, April 07, 2007

"I just like fish"...



That is what I should have said to the guy at Micky D's yesterday, but I didn't. I wanted him to think I was a God fearing, obedient, good catholic. Yesterday David was off and we took the boys to play at Micky D's and have some lunch. I decided to have a Filet o' Fish not because it was Good Friday, and not because of lent. But, because I like fish. The Hispanic cashier must have been catholic because he said to me in his best English "Jew can't have beef, so jew get da fish, is almost over". I smiled and explained that my husband wasn't Catholic so I had to order him a double cheeseburger. Why do I care what he thinks of me? I am in fact catholic. I struggle with the beliefs of Catholicism all the time, hence why I haven't been to church since I left Arizona last summer. I don't agree with many of their views, but with all religions there is something I don't agree with. I didn't follow lent this year and the kids haven't been back to CCD. I need to go back, I know there are many things I don't understand about religion and God, but I do know I need both in my life.

So, God I didn't have the Filet O' Fish because of Lent, I just had it because I like fish. I never liked the idea of confessing my sins to anyone but you anyhow....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know it was all your guilty Catholic Concience telling you to eat the fish......jk

I love the fish, I can always go for a good fish N Chips with some Tartar sauce....now I am craing fish, so thanks for that.


I went to church yesterday, you didn't miss much. But you did miss Jakob dancing in the isle during one of the depressing Good Friday songs....quite priceless if you ask me.

Unknown said...

Filet O Fish used to be the only thing I would eat from McD's when I was a kid...yum, haven't had one in years.

P.S. If God lets murderers who "find God" in prison I'm thinknig you'r A-OK for eating a fast food fish burger.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! You and your fish obssesion! I can attest that it really had nothing to do with religion, but your love of fried fish...

Elaine

Me, Me, Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
Originally from Arizona..dying to get back! Oldest of three daughters... I am a Domestic Engineer aka Mommy. Things get crazy and chaotic especially with him gone all the time...and this is my refuge. I love being home with my brood. Don't mind my complaining, it's temporary...I wouldn't have it any other way! When the spawn I call my children leave my nest, I plan on retuning to the social work field, and non-profit work.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These Places Make Me HAPPY!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting ChelseaPaper.com
Elf Cosmetics
Shutterfly.com
Overstock.com, Inc.
Bag Borrow Or Steal, Inc.
Overstock.com Auctions

Map IP Address
Powered byIP2Location.com

Powered By Blogger
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket