Monday, December 18, 2006

Abuelos

My Abuelito, My Sisters, My Kids & I

We took my abuelito to dinner the last time he came to see us in Arizona, good times.

Grandparents. I always get irritated because my RiahBear wants to spend so much time with her grandmother. I get a bit hurt actually. I realize now how important the realtionships we have with our grandparents are (those of us whom are lucky enough to get to know them). Not all of us have the opportunity to get to know them. I am lucky. I knew (know) all of my grandparents. Well, kinda. My dad's father isn't really his father...he knows that though, his father is in Mexico and I have never met him. But, I am cool with the man I know as my grandfather on my dad's side.....he is a nice man.

My maternal grandparents are very good, hard-working people. They are divorced now. And, my grandfather has returned to Texas, in his eyes Texas is home...translation = Mexico.
Everyone wishes he would have stayed in Arizona, that is where his children live. But, it is also where my grandmother lives, so he left. He lives his life in Texas with my Tia Rosita his older sister. I miss him, I miss my grandmother too. She loves to make the kids clothes, I love that she loves doing that for them. Linda is sending me a shawl she made for AshleyBear.
So, I am uber bummed that I wont see them this Christmas, it's ok though because I have Loverboy home. Who could ask for more?

3 comments:

Krissi said...

I know what you mean. Especially latino grandparents. They are so different...they are very special and this time of year without them. Be it that they have passed on or in other parts of the country, are just not the same. MWAH luv ya.

Unknown said...

My Great Grandfather passed away the day after Christmas 2005, so your post was touching. Sorry you couldn't see them this year, but you're right... your man is home! There is always something to be grateful for, right? :)

Tracie said...

Love the picture.
And right now I truly wish my grandparents were here.

Me, Me, Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
Originally from Arizona..dying to get back! Oldest of three daughters... I am a Domestic Engineer aka Mommy. Things get crazy and chaotic especially with him gone all the time...and this is my refuge. I love being home with my brood. Don't mind my complaining, it's temporary...I wouldn't have it any other way! When the spawn I call my children leave my nest, I plan on retuning to the social work field, and non-profit work.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These Places Make Me HAPPY!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting ChelseaPaper.com
Elf Cosmetics
Shutterfly.com
Overstock.com, Inc.
Bag Borrow Or Steal, Inc.
Overstock.com Auctions

Map IP Address
Powered byIP2Location.com

Powered By Blogger
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket