Saturday, May 12, 2007

Why are these little people following me?


I make many jokes about being a mom. I make light of how horrible they can be at times, it's how I keep my sanity. I am not a perfect mom. I yell more than I should, I forget lunch money, I have even forgotten to pick up my kid from tutoring! And.....I do sweat the small stuff. I do love them and this they know. I always say it, and they aren't afraid to say it either. Thanks little people for letting me be your mom. Even though I make mistakes, you guys still love me and treat me as if I hang the moon.


Speaking of moms, I went to get my mother a card a few days ago. They don't make cards for our type of relationship though. We had it rough when I was young. We still don't agree on many things, and memories are clouded. All of the cards I could find were sappy and ass kissyish, (it's my word, shut it) if I sent her a card like that, she'd call bullshit and it wouldn't mean anything. So, I think I am gonna go into the greeting card business, you know "real" cards, no bullshit. That's what I'll call them "No BS" they will be a hit.


My Mother's Day card would read:

Mom,

I know we didn't always get along, and we didn't have a great relationship. But, as we have both matured I am happy that our relationship has improved. Even if it took me living two states away to make that happen. I love you. Thanks for keeping me alive until I left the house.

Love your daughter....the smart ass.


She would laugh. She would like the part about keeping me alive. She would probably say....if anyone was going to kill me it would have been her. Yeah, we are both aware she is not June Cleaver and I was not the perfect kid. That's how we roll though.
Happy Suckas Day to all the moms out there......cheers to never being able to completely relax until we are dead. Because God knows I haven't been able to since they were born, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love those little people who follow me.


5 comments:

Tracie said...

I love love love your idea. So when are you starting that company? I'll come work for you.

Happy Mother's Day!!! To me you have showed me that I do have patience, just not as much as you. You may not think that, but I've watched you be a Great Mom to your kids. They love you for you!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! :)

Anonymous said...

OH man I had that same thought about starting a card company!! My card would read different, but it surely wouldn't be all mushy. It takes me forever to find a card that suits us and is NOT too generic. I agree as the years have gone by I have learned to understand her more and come to a realization that our relationship isn't a normal one, but heck at leaset we have one!!
As for you Momasita, you rock. I rarely come across a mother that puts her children first. I know that we should, but in my life I rarely see ones that do!! So to you, my dearest Stella, know that you are a wonderful Mother and you can see it in your kids that you are raising them in a loving environment.
Hope you had a wonderful Mother's day

Anonymous said...

ha ha, can you tell I am sick...I didn't even write my name at the bottom of my comment above!!
It was me...Kelly :)

Elaine said...

I love your idea! I feel the same way about mushy cards. I rarely give them and NOT to my parents. They are the sarcastic Far Side, Calvin and Hobbes kind of parents...they would laugh at me too!

Me, Me, Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
Originally from Arizona..dying to get back! Oldest of three daughters... I am a Domestic Engineer aka Mommy. Things get crazy and chaotic especially with him gone all the time...and this is my refuge. I love being home with my brood. Don't mind my complaining, it's temporary...I wouldn't have it any other way! When the spawn I call my children leave my nest, I plan on retuning to the social work field, and non-profit work.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These Places Make Me HAPPY!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting ChelseaPaper.com
Elf Cosmetics
Shutterfly.com
Overstock.com, Inc.
Bag Borrow Or Steal, Inc.
Overstock.com Auctions

Map IP Address
Powered byIP2Location.com

Powered By Blogger
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket