Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Guess who died? Ahh shit.. I forgot the Pepsi was on sale at Safeway

My mother has ADD, ADHD whatever you wanna call it, undiagnosed of course. I am diagnosing her ass. That is what conversations are like with her. I call her this morning to see if she and my sister want me to book their flights as they are going to come visit us in July. I call her at work and this is how she rolls....

ADD Mom: MC Adult Probation, how may I help you?

Most Wonderful Daughter (EVER): Mom, it's me..have you talked to (sister) about the dates?

ADD Mom: No, she never calls me back....OMG! Guess who died?

MWD: Who?

ADD Mom: *Bonnie! Can you believe she died? (*Bonnie is not the real name)

MWD: OMG! She did? I am so sorry...I can't believe she died.

ADD Mom: Ahhhh shit...I forgot the Pepsi was on sale at Safeway

MWD: Mom, Mom, hey...who's Bonnie?

ADD Mom: You know, HIS mom.

MWD: Oh. (I remember)

ADD Mom: Yeah, well I gotta go...I can't believe I forgot the PEPSI.

MWD: Ok, mom talk to you later.

ADD Mom: Hey, is it cold over there right now?

MWD: Bye mom.

Having conversations with my mother are just pointless sometimes. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought she was on crack. Seriously, most people that meet her assume she is on something or bipolar.

About Bonnie, I am sorry she died, I didn't know her well. I talked to her a few years back. I saw her at a local restaurant in town, she approached me. She said she recognized me, I asked how her son was, she replied that he was "hanging in there" she then apologized to me for the way her son treated me, it was weird and awkward. I told her we were young, it was in the past. If I hadn't made mistakes I had with him, I wouldn't have what I have now. He was my unanswered prayer.

Anyhow..maybe her son will grow the fuck up now that she is gone.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL god your conversation with her sounds like the conversations I have with my ADD brother and ADD mother (and probably the conversations people have with me.)

Ok, so who is Bonnie? Anyone I know??

Unknown said...

OMG never mind. I totally figured it out. I picked up the hints from your blog. Check azcentral.com for her obit.

Wow. I can't believe it. I think I'm in shock. I can't even explain myself right now. I didn't even know she was sick. Of course, I have been so removed from that family for so long. I always thought she would outlive her husband. :(

Anonymous said...

I thought you knew. When did you find out?

Krissi said...

LOL I always loved to listen to you talk to your mom. Never really knew where the conversation was gonna go, she's just like mine. CRAZY!!

I'm sorry to hear about "bonnie" anytime anyone dies it's heartbreaking :(

Unknown said...

Um, I found out when you posted your blog. I read it, then thought, "Hmmm, I wonder who Bonnie is?" Then I re-read it and picked up what you were saying in your last two paragraphs. I mean who else would have apologized for her son?

It's funny that you mentioned that because when I worked at Fry's she came in and did the same thing - she apologized for the way her son treated me and my daughter and said that even though he didn't want to have anything to do with her, she and her husband still wanted to have a relationship with her. I used to be so pissed off because she never followed through with that statement. And now I feel so bad because I was talking some mad shit last night (at Happy Hour with the teachers from my school) about the whole situation and how she had said she wanted to be part of my daughter's life and then did nothing about it. Now I feel like shit because you shouldn't talk smack about someone when they've passed. Of course, I didn't know she had passed at the time, but still. We've known their family since I was in the 6th grade. :(

Stella said...

I know, it's a really sad situation. So many people wish they could get to know their grandparents and don't get the chance. And, well she had the opportunity (Bonnie) and didn't take it.

Me, Me, Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
Originally from Arizona..dying to get back! Oldest of three daughters... I am a Domestic Engineer aka Mommy. Things get crazy and chaotic especially with him gone all the time...and this is my refuge. I love being home with my brood. Don't mind my complaining, it's temporary...I wouldn't have it any other way! When the spawn I call my children leave my nest, I plan on retuning to the social work field, and non-profit work.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These Places Make Me HAPPY!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting ChelseaPaper.com
Elf Cosmetics
Shutterfly.com
Overstock.com, Inc.
Bag Borrow Or Steal, Inc.
Overstock.com Auctions

Map IP Address
Powered byIP2Location.com

Powered By Blogger
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket