Thursday, May 24, 2007

Missing Home

I am having an emo night and want to jump in my car and drive home. This time of year is fun in Arizona. My cousin is graduating from high school, it's summertime and our family will be partying. I will miss it. Last year I was there, but David was deployed so it was bittersweet. I need to remember to call my grandmother more, If I go more than two weeks without giving her a ring, she cries her ass of when I call. So, note to self: Call your grandma jackass.

I called my FIL today to let him know I emailed him some pic of the kids, and of course he forces the subject onto "Old Dubya" he ALWAYS does this. Oh, and did I mention he is ALWAYS right? He goes on to tell me Hillary is going to get the Democratic nomination and that McCain will get the Republican nomination, because as I stated previously he knows everything. Then he says "Hillary can't even keep her marriage under control, how is she gonna run the damn country?" I was gonna flip. I didn't, I was a good DIL. I just said.."yeah uh huh" there is absolutely no sense in arguing with the elderly and senile. What I wanted to say was "Hillary fucking got over it, you need to as well", yeah I didn't think that would go over very well....so I didn't. Boo on me.




He was kinda cute today....I may keep him ;)

8 comments:

Sarcastic Momma said...

I know how you feel about missing home. There are certain times during the year that just make it even harder to be gone. I mainly miss my sister, but it feels like it has been forever since I saw my Father and Mother. I start to think that they are getting older and I don't have a lot of time left to be with them and it makes me sad sad sad. So bleh to having a heavy heart for home.

Anonymous said...

Ok that pic looks familiar.....hmmm where have I seen it before? And that is why I dont talk politics. I always seem to get into debates with the same people who are always right. Man just once I wish I was right!!! In laws are fun fun fun!!!!!! I heart you and I am with you on Hilary!

Stella said...

Kelly- Now there, there Kelly. ;) Don't be sad. Just make some sheperds pie and you'll feel at home ;)

Kimbahly- Hillary effing rocks, I don't care what anyone says!!!

Unknown said...

Come home! I would love to see you. Well, of course seeing your family is the most important thing LOL. I never get into politics. Maybe it's because I don't know enough about it to put up a strong argument.

You do a lot of black and white pics, Stella. They look good. :)

Krissi said...

I'm tired of hearing about damn AZ. Just go home! hahahah j/k You know I wouldn't have it any other way. I appreciate your bitching about Colorado. It makes me love my home! I know how much you love your family and how close you are with them. SO I can only imagine how hard it is sometimes to be away from them. CALL YOUR GRANDMA! John loves it when you called her cuz you got all mexican on him! LOL

WOw, I'm rambling aren't I?

WHOO GO HILLARY!

Stella said...

Tiffany- Yes, we will have to get together when I go home. It will be mid-July! It will be so much fun!! :) I will email you my number. I'm not sure why, but I LOVE black & white pics!!

Krissi- I am gonna call John and speaka spanish to him! lol.

Unknown said...

Woo hoo! I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you miss home! WE LOVE HAVING YOU HERE THOUGH!!!

I forget that Colorado is not everyone's home or first choice of state's to live! I am glad you will get to at least spend some time down there this summer.

I hear on the no sense in talking politics with some people...some people I am around occassionally (you know who I am talking about) it is just not worth it.

Me, Me, Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
Originally from Arizona..dying to get back! Oldest of three daughters... I am a Domestic Engineer aka Mommy. Things get crazy and chaotic especially with him gone all the time...and this is my refuge. I love being home with my brood. Don't mind my complaining, it's temporary...I wouldn't have it any other way! When the spawn I call my children leave my nest, I plan on retuning to the social work field, and non-profit work.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These Places Make Me HAPPY!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting ChelseaPaper.com
Elf Cosmetics
Shutterfly.com
Overstock.com, Inc.
Bag Borrow Or Steal, Inc.
Overstock.com Auctions

Map IP Address
Powered byIP2Location.com

Powered By Blogger
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket