Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Aren't we on the same team?

Wow, it amazes me how hard we are on each other, I'm talking about moms. We really are, we are awful sometimes. We criticize each others parenting skills, cooking, career choices, cleaning styles and so on. We suck. I can't say that I am innocent and that I haven't done any of the shit I just listed, but damn aren't we supposed to help each other out? I will never be completely innocent, but I can say I will have more empathy when it comes to mothers and their children after this year alone with my kids.

I love blogs, when they nap...I read lots of them and I it saddens me how moms don't understand each other. Who cares if you bottle feed or breastfeed? Or use cloth or disposable? Each mother needs to make decisions that are right for her because we all have very different circumstances.

I know how hard it is to raise kids, it is the toughest job I have EVER done. They make me the happiest I have ever been. But, I can also empathize with parents who have rough days, now I'm not talking abuse, I am talking about tired, crabby parents. I think it is important that our kids know that mommies and daddies have bad days too.

I'm not one to sugarcoat or put on a facade, it's hard work but it is so worth it. Sometimes I feel like I am going to go nuts, but I do my best. I promise from now on I am going to be a more understanding, adaptable and caring fellow mother. No judging.

3 comments:

Krissi said...

The problem here is that "mothers" are WOMEN! What do women do the majority of the time? Gossip!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roger That said...

I think it just comes out of wanting to think you are doing a better job than other people, it happens. Has happened probably since cave men times....not that it makes it any better...but it's just one of those things people do, sometimes before they even realize they've done it I imagine.

Me, Me, Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
Originally from Arizona..dying to get back! Oldest of three daughters... I am a Domestic Engineer aka Mommy. Things get crazy and chaotic especially with him gone all the time...and this is my refuge. I love being home with my brood. Don't mind my complaining, it's temporary...I wouldn't have it any other way! When the spawn I call my children leave my nest, I plan on retuning to the social work field, and non-profit work.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These Places Make Me HAPPY!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting ChelseaPaper.com
Elf Cosmetics
Shutterfly.com
Overstock.com, Inc.
Bag Borrow Or Steal, Inc.
Overstock.com Auctions

Map IP Address
Powered byIP2Location.com

Powered By Blogger
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket