Friday, December 28, 2007

Things I don't understand...



I don't understand how men can leave their children. Emotionally, financially, at all. How do they do that?

I don't understand how a woman could love and support a man that refuses to support his own children. I don't get it. I also don't understand how a man can go on to raise "some" of his children. What is he teaching his children? That you can pick and choose the offspring you love? What kind of men in turn do they raise?

This post is not about my children. I was blessed with a wonderful father for my children, a man that would do anything for them, for us. If my husband had any other children besides our children, I would make damn sure he was a part of their lives in every way. It wouldn't be an issue though, I know what kind of a man he is. I would be ashamed to be married to a man that wasn't a part of his children's lives.

I was not so blessed, I am over it. I thank God that my father didn't have any sons.

But, it breaks my heart to see other kids experience it.

I know women do it too, leave I mean. But, not nearly as often as men.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel what you are saying. I am one of those women with a child of whom you speak. Of course, you already know that. :)

I get down about it all the time. But, then I think about the fact that I am really lucky. I have a husband who loves and takes care of my babies as if they were his own (well, the two that aren't). Some women don't even have that. Some kids have to live their whole life without that other parent or influence. What really makes me sad is that my daughters will not know their "other" families. My oldest does not know her two other brothers and I doubt she ever will. I have had a couple small talks with her about her bio-dad and she has asked why we didn't stay together. I've explained that thank the Lord we didn't because he has made so many poor choices in his life and they would have affected us. But then she wanted to know why he didn't want to see her. How do you explain to your child that the other half of their blood is a cold, heartless, selfish SOB?

Then, I also feel bad for his other children. Ya they are living a good life right now, but what happens when they find out they have a sister (if the already don't know?) I found out after my dad died that he has a son in Germany because he was with a woman while he was stationed there while in the Army. This boy would be a couple years older than me. I always wonder about him.

And you're right about the "other woman" who lives with someone who has children out there. I could never be with someone who didn't take care of their children or that weren't a part of their life. I could never respect someone who did that. Does she not realize that he could do it to her too?

Me, Me, Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
Originally from Arizona..dying to get back! Oldest of three daughters... I am a Domestic Engineer aka Mommy. Things get crazy and chaotic especially with him gone all the time...and this is my refuge. I love being home with my brood. Don't mind my complaining, it's temporary...I wouldn't have it any other way! When the spawn I call my children leave my nest, I plan on retuning to the social work field, and non-profit work.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These Places Make Me HAPPY!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting ChelseaPaper.com
Elf Cosmetics
Shutterfly.com
Overstock.com, Inc.
Bag Borrow Or Steal, Inc.
Overstock.com Auctions

Map IP Address
Powered byIP2Location.com

Powered By Blogger
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket